More from work.
At Mo, we use technology to bring people closer together at work.
We do this for forward-thinking companies like William Hill, Sky and AEG - creating moments that bring their people, all around the world, closer together. Because, it’s our belief that when we work together we can achieve amazing things. We’re a well-funded, early-stage business, with big dreams, and we’re determined to make work better. To do that we need great people who share our vision.
Mo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about employee engagement. The FD’s partnership with the senior management team will be key to executing the company vision. They will also act as an advisor to the CEO and executive team, providing comprehensive financial insight and oversight to drive long-term financial decision making. The FD will play a vital role as Mo embarks on the next phase of growth and development. They will own finance, reporting, analysis and budgeting and will be the sole driving force behind the financial strategy.
The opportunity at hand will allow the FD to mould a strong and entrepreneurial-minded team, and they will need you to bring a robust wealth of knowledge from their previous career experiences.
The FD's role will include:
- Help define, track and manage company KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) associated with finance within the business.
- Execute strategic initiatives and lead projects on behalf of the CEO, including financial analysis, planning and growth planning
- Act as the leader in the company, providing the functional team leaders and CEO with insight and perspective whilst providing financial oversight to monitor ongoing performance
- Help with development of business strategy including modelling special projects and pricing models. Establish goals and monitor and analyse performance against them
- Act as an advisor on long term financial decisions, such as investment and capital decisions and creating a robust risk and control environment
- Compile and present monthly management reports, financial forecasts with all scenarios based on sales/renewals/hiring
- Update forecasts appropriately and performance manage the business to these agreed targets
- Lead and act as a project manager for the annual and quarterly strategy planning processes with the CEO and senior management team, ensuring alignment across the business
- Drive and oversee the budgeting and reporting process with the CEO and functional leaders, ensuring timely and accurate financial and management reporting that identifies any risks, trends or areas of improvement
- Complete the preparation for effective board meetings, including preparing documentation, bringing the senior management team together and presenting in meetings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth and ensuring they are organised and systematic.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Own financial duties, including EMI share scheme, Tax Credits, VAT, Payroll and PAYE
- Manage all accounting operations, including billing A/R, A/P, GL and Cost Accounting.
- Liaise with our part time Finance Manager to ensure all transaction data is up to date and accounted for.
- Own client and supplier finance relationships, including invoicing, payments etc.
- Own and build relationship with external parties, including but not limited to auditors, bankers, investors, lawyers, tax advisors
We're looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Strong academic background - degree educated or similar with ACCA/CIMA/ACA and PQE qualification.
- Several years of financial management experience – preferably within a tech led or enterprise environment.
- Experience leading projects from strategic formation to execution – gaining satisfaction in knowing the projects you are managing have added value to the company
- An ability to analyse business and financial performance to identify trends and to set strategic direction and goals
- Desirable but not essential experience working with high-growth tech companies with outside investors –ideally from scale-up all the way through to liquidity events– with a solid understanding of the mechanics that drive investment and acquisition decisions
- Ability to take a leading role in preparing the company for the exit of VC investors
- Engage and influence key stakeholders and put financial practices in place and establish yourself as a key part of the company
- Experience building accurate financial models and forecasts that support day to day and future activities
- Experience with Budgeting / Forecasting, Tax Accounting, ERP, Sales Tax and Book-keeping
- Familiarity with international expansion and taxation is extremely desirable
- Work for a business that improves the working lives of thousands of people
- Competitive salary and share options
- Competitive holiday and flexible working policies
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Based in Shoreditch (lots of great lunch options, events, coffee and beer)
- Regular social company gatherings
- A monthly contribution to a gym or sporting activity of your choice
- Work alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people
- Free fruit, snacks and refreshments
Inside Mo, we encourage a transparent, collaborative and inclusive working environment. We’re building a following of people passionate about work. We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help people and businesses be more, together. You can find out more about us at: www.mo.work/about